Microsoft Windows 10 comes in 12 separate editions, each with its features and device compatibility. Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro are the two most popular versions of the operating system. This comparison will highlight the significant differences between Windows 10 Pro Vs Pro N, each version so you can select the one that best meets your requirements.
Quick Summary: Skype, Video, Voice Recorder, and Music are among the multimedia programs included in Windows 10 Pro. Windows 10 Pro N, on the other hand, lacks Windows Media Player and pre-installed entertainment programs, and Windows Pro N is the European variant of the operating system.
Continue reading to discover more about Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N so you can choose the version that best meets your requirements and tastes.
Windows 10 Version
As a follow-up to Windows 8, Microsoft introduced Windows 10 in July 2015. Rather than releasing a new, full-fledged operating system, Microsoft has continued to update Windows 10. Furthermore, anybody who installs Windows 10 on a legacy PC may immediately upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 without re-imaging or undertaking time-consuming system upgrades.
Microsoft Windows has seen several versions throughout the years, and Windows 10 is no exception. They’re called ‘Editions’ by Microsoft, and each one has its own set of features.
Because there are so many versions, we’ll compare Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N today to see which one best meets your requirements and why Microsoft release them in the first place.
Anti-Competitive Practices Europe
The antitrust legislation creates healthy market competition by supplying anti-competitive items, according to a judgment by the European Commission in 2004 for anti-competitive actions.
It allows people to make their own decisions. Furthermore, it allows competitors to enter the market rather than a monopoly. Microsoft has been obliged to keep its Windows operating systems in a unique version, the Windows 10 Pro N edition.
These editions provide all of the operating system’s core functionality but exclude Windows Media Player and associated technologies. It can be inconvenient, especially when using programs or visiting websites designed to utilize the built-in Windows media features.
Note: There’s no need to be concerned if you’re from Europe and a frequent Microsoft user. While multimedia elements are not built-in to the platform, you may download them if you want to. You need to go to the Microsoft Store and browse for the programs you wish to utilize.
Windows 10 Pro vs Pro N – Differences
So, You won’t get the same multimedia features in Windows 10 Pro N as you will in Windows 10 Pro. The following features are missing
- Playing CDs,
- Storing media files.
- Making video calls
- Streaming music
Let’s discuss the apps.
- Skype: In any Windows 10 N variants, Skype is not pre-installed. You may use Skype by going to web.skype.com in your browser. Another alternative is to use the Microsoft Download Manager program to download it from the Microsoft Store.
- Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player is not pre-installed in Windows 10 Pro N. This means you won’t be able to play media files directly from a website or app. Music, images, and movies on a computer will not get shared over the network.
- Voice Recorder: The Voice Recorder App is not available in Windows 10 Pro and Professional versions; thus, you won’t be able to record voice or make phone calls with it. You may, however, download the software through the Windows Store.
- Groove Music and Movies & TV App: Groove Music is pre-installed software that comes with Windows 10. This software allows you to listen to digital music. Unfortunately, you will not utilize the Groove Music program because it is not pre-installed on Windows 10 Pro N edition.
Some Windows Store programs, including Microsoft Office that rely on Media-related files, will also not operate; nevertheless, many of the features will still be available, but they will require the installation of other apps. It may get done through the Microsoft Retailer or any different third-party store.
Restoring Missing Features
Users of N editions of Windows 10 may verify that websites and apps work correctly by downloading the Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10. (KB3133719). Follow the steps below to start:
- Go to the Microsoft Support Website, scroll down to the bottom of the page, or click here.
- Select the download you want, check the box next to your Windows 10 version, and click Next.
- Windows 10 version 1607 requires Media Feature Pack
Note: Go to KB 3145500 if you have a different version of Windows. This help website serves as a one-stop-shop for information on the Media Feature Pack for Windows N. Use this page to get the relevant link to Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on Media Feature Pack for your Windows release version.
- In any event, if you’re not sure which file to download, download both and then install them one by one. You’ll get an error notice if you try to install the wrong version; you may try the other file.
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation. After you’ve completed the installation and restarted your computer, Windows 10 Pro N should now function similarly to a conventional Windows 10 PC.
Microsoft Windows 10 is presently the most popular operating system (OS) on the market. For various reasons, an increasing number of customers are upgrading to Windows 10 from an earlier version. Both versions are intended for different parts of the world and are not interchangeable.
The “N” versions of Windows 10 have the same features as the other editions; however, they don’t come with Windows Media Player, Skype, or any preloaded media apps. Installing the Media Feature Pack for N versions allows users to make websites and apps operate correctly. We hope you find this tutorial to be easy to follow and informative.
Related Reads: Discover More Content You’ll Love