Are you in a dilemma thinking about how to update Safari on iPad? Well, this article will guide you in solving your primary concern.
The web browser on an iPhone is one of its most popular features. On any iOS device, the Safari web browser is quick, simple to use, and convenient to access. The iPad Safari program can do all of the same functions as the desktop Safari software. There’s tabbed browsing, an RSS reader, and zoom in/out.
While the Safari browser comes standard on all Apple devices that can connect to the internet, an update may be required from time to time. Updating the Safari browser may be an intelligent method to troubleshoot any bugs you may be experiencing.
Difference Between Safari And Google Chrome?
Safari is an Apple-owned and controlled web browser. In contrast, Google is a search engine operated by Alphabet company and can be accessed using the Safari web browser. Google Chrome is a web browser similar to Safari; however, it is owned and maintained by Google.
How To Update Safari On iPad?
Let’s jump to the main query, i.e., how to update Safari on iPad? There are several ways to upgrade Safari. Following are some ways to solve your concern about updating Safari on iPad.
Updating Safari Via iTunes
You can also update Safari using your computer’s iTunes media player by following the below steps:
- Plug the USB cable into the bottom dock of the iPad. Connect the USB cable’s other end to a free USB port on your computer.
- Start your computer’s iTunes media player. It may take a minute for the app to detect your iPad device.
- In iTunes’ left column, click the “iPad” icon, then the “Summary” tab.
- Click the “Check For Updates” button on the screen. The software will look for the most recent iPad iOS software and ask you whether to install it. To begin the installation, click the “Update” button.
Updating Safari Via Updating
There is no method to upgrade Safari on iOS on the iOS device independently. The Safari browser gets included in the iOS bundle. The browser on the iPhone and iPad will get updated if the complete IOS is updated.
- On your iPad, open the Settings app.
- Select General from the settings menu.
- Go to the General menu and choose Software Update.
- If an update is available, select Download and install
- To begin the update, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Your iPad, as well as the Safari browser, has been updated.
Keep in mind that make a complete backup of your iOS device before upgrading.
Safari Version Number on an iOS Device
Because Safari is a component of the iOS operating system, the version you now have is the same as the one you have. So if your IOS gets updated to the last update, then your Safari update along with this. To find out what iOS version is presently installed on your iPad, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose General.
- Choose Software Update. The version number is the number that shows at the top of the screen next to iOS. For instance, if your device is running iOS 11.2.6, it is also running Safari 11. If your smartphone is running iOS 12.1.2, Safari 12 gets installed, and so on.
Try downloading the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS again if you’re still having difficulties installing it.
- On your iPad, go to the App Store.
- In the top right corner, tap Profile.
- Look for Chrome under the “Available Updates” section.
- Tap Update to install Chrome if it is listed.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. Updates will be downloaded and installed as they become available.
Reasons to update Safari
There are some reasons why you’re googling how to update Safari on iPad? You’re presumably aware that Apple often releases new iPhone software upgrades. But did you know you can obtain frequent Safari browser updates right from your IOS device? It means you’ll have additional privacy and security, as well as enhancements to the performance and responsiveness of the Safari browser.
The Safari browser on your IOS device is designed with cutting-edge technologies to provide you with the best web browsing experience imaginable. Bugs may get resolved, enhancements made, and new features added over time. You must upgrade your browser to receive these enhancements.
Safari Not Working? Do this
Incorrect network settings might also cause the Safari bug. As a result, you can resolve your Safari problem by resetting all Network settings to default. To reset your network settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Safari Keeps Crashing? Do this
Follow the steps below if Safari keeps crashing:
- Start your iPhone again.
- Update to the most recent iOS version.
- Safari History and Website Data should get cleared
- Turn off iCloud and Safari syncing.
How Do I Uninstall And Reinstall Safari?
Use the Control Panel’s “Programs and Features” panel to remove Safari. Locate Safari in the list of programs and select Uninstall. Reinstall Safari by following these steps:
- Unlock your device and open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Look for the app. Make sure that you use the app’s exact name. Find out what the correct name of the built-in applications is.
- To restore the app, tap.
- Then wait for the app to recover before launching it from your Home screen.
The Safari browser, like any other program or operating system on your smartphone or computer, requires regular updates. Now you know you can’t update Safari independently. You have to update Safari either through iTunes or by updating your IOS device. There is no way in between them. We hope the above tutorial is helpful to you in updating Safari. You can ensure that you’re always running the most recent version of Safari by enabling automatic updates.
More on TecDoom.com: How to delete Cookies on iPhone? Read here.