So you might be thinking about how to turn off google voice typing? Keep on reading to learn all about google voice typing.
Google Assistant has proven to be a convenient tool. One of the finest features of Google Voice Search is its capacity to conduct all operations according to the command, freeing the user’s hands.
You may set the alarm at a specified time, contact anybody you want, launch an application, etc. You only need to name it, and Google Voice Search will handle the rest. Every narrative has two sides, and we must consider both in this case.
Some individuals find this tool excessively disruptive and useless. Hence, they don’t want that to pick up every time they speak and convert into one of their duties.
What is Google Voice Typing?
Google Voice Typing is a freemium dictation feature for Google Docs or Google Slides, the online word processing and presentation software from Google. It would be best if you were online and using the Chrome Browser on a Windows, MacOS, or Chrome computer. This capability may get used to transcribing conversations and sound recordings or writing quicker than you could ever type.
How To Use Google Voice Typing?
Turn on the microphone, dictate the text, then turn it off when done. You may notice a slight delay before Voice Typing produces your dictation. The identification takes place over the internet on a remote Google machine. If you make an error while speaking, or if Voice Typing does not accurately identify what you say.
You may drag your mouse to the problem and repair it without turning off the microphone. To undo the previous command, say “Undo,” or select the undesirable text and say “Delete.” Words that may not get identified correctly get highlighted as grey: right-click to discover alternative spellings.
You can specify punctuation such as full stop, question mark, newline, comma, exclamation mark, new paragraph.
Avoid pausing before saying the punctuation when dictating punctuation since this may result in VoiceOver. For example, typing the punctuation into words, “This is a sentence.” may result in “This is a full sentence stop.”
How To Turn Off Google Voice Typing?
However, not everyone wishes to use the voice-controlled function for various reasons. Some people dislike the thought of their cellphone listening in on them, and others don’t speak English well and don’t see the need to keep the capability enabled. Whatever the cause, here’s a quick guide on how to turn off google voice typing:
How To Turn Off Google Voice Typing On your Phone
- Navigate to the settings menu on your phone.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- In the ‘personal’ menu, scroll down to the ‘language and input’ option
- Under the language and input options, you’ll see the Google Voice Typing option. Select the settings icon, which resembles a cog or gear.
- Now, select the OK Google detection button.
- To disable Google Voice Typing on an Android smartphone, drag the ‘from the google app’ option slider to the left.
And with that, you are done with how to turn off google voice typing
For Google Keyboard
- Select Settings from the app’s menu. OR, from the top bar, scroll down and pick a Gear icon.
- Now, scroll down until you locate the System option and click on it.
- The Language & input option will then appear.
- You should now see an On-screen keyboard > Gboard > Voice Typing option.
- Then click Disable. Make use of voice typing.
- Done! You have successfully disabled voice typing on your Gboard for Android.
For Google Indic
- Navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down and click on System.
- Select Languages & input from the drop-down menu
- Follow this step if you have alternative keyboards, such as Indic or the device’s inbuilt keyboard. Voice Typing > On-screen Keyboard > Indic/Other Keyboards
- After that, disable. Make use of voice typing.
- If you can’t find the supplied route, check the system settings for ‘keyboards,’ ‘Language & Input,’ or ‘Input & Gestures.’ It will display all of the keyboards currently installed on your device.
- Some Android TVs allow voice typing as an alternative to using a TV remote to operate and search for items.
- Turning off Google voice typing on television is identical to turning off voice typing on other devices. If you haven’t already, read the previous paragraph.
- Go to Android TV settings and seek for Keyboard or Language & Input to disable Google Voice Typing. Other search keywords are available in different Android versions.
- From there, disable the voice typing option.
How To Disable Google Voice Typing?
Given that most users do not use it, I feel it is better to delete it entirely, even if the option gets not checked. It has the potential to operate in the background and consume system resources.
To stop Google Voice Typing, you must delete or disable the Google App. This program allows you to look online and on your smartphone as quickly as possible. Therefore, you can’t disable Google Voice Typing if you need it.
To deactivate Google App, navigate Settings >> Applications >> Google App and select the Disable option afterward. Once deactivated, the app will display in the Google Play Store, as seen below, with an enable button.
There are two ways to disable Google voice typing on such an Android smartphone. Different virtual keyboards, such as Gboard, Indic, Swype keyboards, or any customized keyboard, have different ways. Locate the keyboard that is preinstalled in the case and read the instructions.
You may disable or turn off voice typing in any app that supports a virtual keyboard, much as in Whatsapp. This approach can also disable Google voice typing and the Tap to Speak functionality of Google Search. If you followed all of the steps above, you should have no trouble turning off voice typing on the Android smartphone.
Discover More: Related Articles You Can’t Miss