, Due to its ability to let people and companies telecommute and share projects, Google Drive would be a crucial tool for many people and organizations. Selecting and working with many files simultaneously is among Google Drive’s useful capabilities. How to select multiple files in google drive?
Google Drive: What is It?
You may save, access, as well as distribute personal files, papers, and other sorts of material online with the help of Google Drive, a service for cloud storage that the company provides. It resembles other cloud storage solutions like Dropbox as well as OneDrive.
You may upload these documents to Google Drive, keep them there, and view those from whatever internet-connected computer. Connecting papers and folders, you can work collaboratively with each other using Google Drive. You could also create restrictions to manage who could view the files.
Google Drive offers storing in addition to a number of office applications like Google Docs and Sheets, including Slides that let you make as well as edit files, spreadsheets, including presentations internet.
So, how to select multiple files in google drive?
How to Select Multiple Files in Google Drive?
Following are several methods for choosing different files within Google Drive. In order to pick the documents, first travel to the folder containing them in Google Drive by opening it in the internet browser.
Choosing a Set of Related Files
These procedures may be used to choose a series of related files in Google Drive.
- You may pick the documents you wish to choose by opening Google Drive via the web browser as well as going to the category that includes them.
- Pick the desired range of files by clicking on the first one.
- Keep the keyboard’s “Shift” button depressed.
- Choose the desired range of files by clicking on the final one.
By doing this, all folders in between each file will additionally be selected.
Choose Several Different Files
These instructions will show you how to choose multiple separate files within Google Drive which are not nearby to one another.
- You may pick the documents you wish to choose by opening Google Drive via the internet browser and going to the directory that includes them.
- Keep pressing the “Command” or “Ctrl” keys on the keypad (for Windows).
- Selecting files requires clicking on each one.
You can choose multiple separate files which are not adjacent to one another in this way.
Choosing Every File in a Folder
The following steps will show you how to pick every file inside a subfolder in Google Drive.
- You may pick the documents you wish to choose by opening Google Drive using the web browser as well as going to the directory that includes them.
- In the files menu, choose the “Select all” option at the very top.
As an alternative, you may choose every file inside the folder by pressing “Ctrl+A” on a computer running Windows or “Command+A” on a Mac.
Choosing All Documents of a Particular Type
These procedures may be used to pick every file of a particular kind in Google Drive.
- You may pick the documents you wish to choose by opening Google Drive using the internet browser and going to the directory that includes them.
- Utilize the Google Drive interface’s main search function.
- Enter “type” at the beginning, then the desired file type.
- To find the documents, use your keypad Enter or Return button.
- At the beginning of the search results, choose by clicking the button.
By doing this, every file inside the downloads directory that matches the chosen kind will be selected.
Choose on “All items” button located at the top within the item listing, follow the instructions before, and then you’ll be able to pick all items of a particular kind across your entire Google Drive.
How Can I Use Google Drive to Do Operations on a Number of Chosen Files?
You may take actions on each of the documents simultaneously after utilizing the “how to select multiple files in google drive” chapter to pick multiple files within Google Drive. The following are some instances of possible actions.
Transfer the Chosen Files to Another Folder
Choose the folder from a selection of choices after clicking the “Move to” icon on the top of both document lists to keep moving the chosen files there.
Erase the Files You’ve Chosen
A “Trash” icon is located at the forefront of a folder list; select it to remove the chosen files. To remove the desired files instead, use “Shift+Delete” on such a computer running Windows or “Shift+Function+Delete” on just a Mac.
Transmit the Chosen Files
Hit the “Share” link at the top within the folder selection to distribute the chosen files. You may then input the email accounts or Google Communities of the individuals you would like to share your files with others and adjust the interaction with other users in the box that opens up.
Create a Folder and Add the Chosen Files to It
Hit your “Add to folder” menu button of such folder menu, then pick the appropriate folder out from the choice list to add all chosen files to that folder.
Launch Google’s Online Word Suite and Pick the Desired Files
An “Open with” icon is located at the top of such folder list as well as may be used to open many files at once in Google’s online productivity apps. The chosen files will then be opened in the appropriate program.
The distinction between certain operations, like publishing or deleting, which affect all of the respondents, were asked simultaneously, and others, like relocating or inserting to a folder, which affects only the first activated, must be kept in mind. The remaining files would be disregarded in these circumstances.
What Could Prevent It from Being Able to Choose Multiple Files from Google Drive?
You Cannot Choose Any of the Files Since They are Located in a Different Locations
Whereas if the files you’re attempting to choose are in several directories, you’ll have to pick each one independently.
Google Drive isn’t Compatible with your Current Operating System
Upgrade the site or even the Google Drive application on any device to be sure you are using the most recent version of Google Drive.
You are Not Authorized to View the Files
In this instance, ask the owner for permission to modify or discuss.
You May Also Like
- How To Update Safari On iPad In 2022? – Comprehensive Guide
- Firefox Export Bookmarks – Complete Tutorial