Do you want to know How To Delete Cookies On iPhone? You’ve arrived at the best guide. You can conserve storage space and speed up your phone by deleting data like cookies. Clearing the cache and removing cookies can also aid in the protection of your online privacy. When you visit the web on your devices, websites commonly store cookies on your system to know about your choices.
These cookies frequently give helpful information that improves your surfing experience; however, some cookies may be dangerous or cause problems when browsing. Especially if you’re having issues with a particular site, and troubleshooting instructions typically suggest removing cookies.
What Are Cookies?
For how to remove cookies, you first need to know what cookies are? So cookies are files that websites store on your phone or computer to help websites remember information about you and your visit.
Cookies, for example, might keep track of how many times you access a website, what you look for, what you purchase, and other similar behaviors. They’re a powerful tool for enhancing the user experience. Cookies and their cached data, on the other hand, may eat up a lot of storage space on your iPhone or iPad and reduce overall speed.
Clearing your cookies on an iPhone may be necessary to fix an issue with the way your browser functions or preserve storage space.
Why Delete Cookies?
There are many reasons people tend towards the query, i.e., how to delete cookies on iPhone. Some of them are as follow:
- The first reason is due to security concerns. Some dangerous websites send cookies to your iPhone to hijack financial transactions and steal the site user’s identity. Also, you’ll learn about whatever you’re looking for
- The second reason is a faster load speed. To recover their original iPhone browsing performance, most iPhone users delete their browser cookies.
How To Delete Cookies On iPhone? – Setting App
Now to answer your main query, i.e., how to delete cookies on iPhone, without further delay. When it comes to deleting cookies from your iPhone’s Safari browser, you may choose to delete cookies from all of the websites you visited or just one. Here’s how to clear your cache and remove cookies from your iPhone to free up storage space:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device and Scroll down till you reach Safari.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Advanced.
- Select Website Data from the drop-down menu. If you wish to delete all cookies at once, choose to Remove All Website Data and confirm your choices by selecting “Remove Now.”
- Slide the website’s name to the left and hit Erase to delete cookies one by one. Alternatively, go to the top-right corner of the screen, select Edit, and press the minus (-) button next to the appropriate page.
- However, it is more convenient to remove them all at once rather than eliminating them one by one.
How To Delete Cookies On iPhone? – Safari App
Rather than going to settings to solve your primary concern, you can also delete cookies from the Safari app by doing the following steps:
- Open Safari.
- Tap the Bookmarks button at the bottom of Safari’s screen.
- From the toolbar, which gets indicated by the clock symbol, choose history.
- In the bottom right corner of the History screen, tap the Clear button. To clear cookies and history for that period, select All Time, Today and Yesterday, Today, or The Last Hour.
How To Delete Cookies On iPhone? – Chrome App
While Safari is the first, and Google Chrome is the second most popular iPhone web browser. If you prefer this browser, here’s how to delete the cookies that Chrome stores on your iPhone:
- Open Chrome and choose the menu icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Look for and choose privacy from the list.
- Select “Clear Browsing.”
- To delete all Chrome website cookies saved on your iPhone, go to Time Range and press All Time.
- Tap on the checkbox next to Cookies, Site Data to add a tick. You may also delete your browsing history, cached pictures and files, passwords, and auto-fill data from this page.
- Finally, confirm your selection by tapping Clear Browsing Data.
How To Block Cookies On iPhone?
A cookie is a little bit of data that a website saves on your computer or mobile device so that it can recognize you when you visit again. On your iPhone or iPad, you may deactivate cookies permanently if you want to.
- Open your IOS settings, scroll down, and hit Safari.
- Toggle the Block All Cookies switch to the ON mode (green).
But there are risks attached to it if you block cookies permanently, such as:
- You may be unable to check in to a website using the correct username and password.
- You could get a message saying that cookies are required or that your browser’s cookies are disabled.
- Some website functionalities may not function properly.
Third-party applications and extensions that allow Safari to block cookies, pictures, resources, pop-ups, and other material are known as content blockers. Turn on content-blocking software and do the following steps:
- From your IOS App Store, download a content filtering app.
- Go to Settings > Safari > Content Blockers to set up the extensions you wish. At the same time, you can employ several content filters.
Clearing cookies on your iPhone won’t take long, but it will enhance the performance of your browser and allow it to load pages more quickly. And you can do it on any browser you choose today. You can deactivate cookies totally if you don’t want to delete them from your device manually.
Related Reads: Discover More Content You’ll Love
- How To Update Safari On iPad In 2022?
- How To Unlock iPhone Without iTunes Or iCloud Or Computer In 2022?
- How To Show Battery Percentage On iPhone XR?
- When You Update Your iPhone Does It Delete Everything?
- How to Slow Down a Video on iPhone?
- Can you sleep with AirPods Pro?
- Can You Wear AirPods In A Tanning Bed?