Ps4 is a video gaming console that you can use in your home. Sony computer entertainment invented Ps4 in 2013 and then launched it in 2014. The aim of launching Ps4 was to compete with Xbox One. In this article, you will learn how to connect ps4 to older tv.
Mark Cerny invented the Ps4 play station with advanced graphics and other features. It would be best if you connected the ps4 PlayStation to your tv or pc to play games. Ps4 is a Blu-ray player as well as a media streaming device. Do you know that you can connect the ps4 to your older tv? Yes, you can do it, and you will find out how to connect ps4 to older tv when you continue reading the article.
Some of the Best Games That You Can Play On Ps4
- Dark Souls 3
- Death Stranding
- Final Fantasy 15
- Dishonored 2
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Fallout 4
- Titanfall 2
- Monster Hunter World
And many other interesting games support Ps4.
The Features of Ps4
- The shareplay option makes you share the game with your friends. You can also provide them with the control to play the game for you. The shareplay also allows others to watch how you play.
- Ps4 also provides the vita remote play feature where your Ps4 will act as a controller. The remote will perform well only if you have a good internet connection.
- When the Xbox One provided the voice command feature, it was viral. Then Sony also introduced the voice command feature in the Ps4 device. You can select this option from the options menu. You can browse the internet through voice commands, start a game, and select apps.
- The game footage voiceover option in Ps4 allows you to stream your video while giving audio commentary; you can use a headset.
Apart from the features mentioned above, the Ps4 will also provide a controller headphone jack. This library organizes your games and also show the game you have purchased and still haven’t downloaded, quick application swap, share factory, PlayStation lives, PlayStation app that you can use on mobile, a complete keyboard that makes the typing easy, trophy rarity, customizing the share button, connect Ps4 to a pc and streaming on it, containing external hardware support are some features.
There are also features such as listening to your favourite songs while playing. You can play both online and offline. You can connect the Ps4 device with your TV. The play time management option allows the parents to take control of their children’s playtime; PS Plus tab, you customize the wallpaper you prefer for your ps4 through USB.
You can also change the controller’s light bar brightness, snap a screenshot quickly, resume the game and play from where you last stopped. While your Ps4 is in the rest mode, you can make it work.
The PlayStation will also support ethernet cables and allow you to send messages. There are a lot of features that the Ps4 device provides which make it outstanding, and most people prefer using it.
How Many USB Ports on PS5? Read HERE.
How to Connect Ps4 to Older Tv?
The old TVs do not have an HDMI port. Most people ask how to connect Ps4 to an older TV, and here is the solution. Follow the instruction bellowed to connect your Ps4 PlayStation to your old TV.
To connect the Ps4 to an old TV, you must have a converter that can translates the signals. The converter you use must be compatible with the TV you have. If you have a DVI TV, go for an HDMI to RCA cable or an HDMI to DVI cable.
Step 1: A HDMI cable is necessary to connect the Ps4 to an old TV. Hence, get the appropriate HDMI cable that will translate signals.
Step 2: Now connect one end of the HDMI cable to your Ps4
device and the other end to the tv.
Step 3: Then turn on both your tv and the Ps4. When it boots up, you will see the logo of the Sony company.
Step 4: Now, ps4 will detect your tv and this is the solution for how to connect Ps4 to older tv.
How To Connect Ps4 to A Non-HDMI TV?
Most of the tv that is available nowadays use an HDMI converter to connect to your Ps4 device. In this article, let’s also look at how you can connect a tv to ps4 without using an HDMI cable.
- It would be best to use an HDMI converter to connect the Ps4 to a non-HDMI tv. Here the converter will translate the signals. There are many types of HDMI converters you must purchase that are suitable for your tv by checking the port available on the backside of your tv.
- Now plug one end of the HDMI cable to the Ps4 and the other into the HDMI converter. The HDMI convert will translate the signals into a format that the tv can understand.
- Plug one end of the composite cables to the HDMI converter and the other end to the ports present in the tv.
- Now when you switch on both the TV and the Ps4, the logo of Sony will appear, which means the connection is successful.
How To Fix Stick Drift PS4? Read Here.
Using an HDMI to DVI Converter Connect the Ps4 to the Tv
Using HDMI to DVI converter can avoid the poor quality of audio or audio loss.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the Ps4 and the other to the DVI converter.
- Now you must connect one end of the DVI to the DVI converter and the other end to the port on the TV.
- Turn on the TV display with the proper input setting and switch on your Ps4. Now you will see the Sony logo, which depicts that the connection is successful.
This article on how to connect Ps4 to older tv will provide different ways in which you can connect the Ps4 to your tv. We hope you enjoyed the article.